Side by side mounting of shields

Hi @Bedrock, would you mind sharing the design of the din rail mount? I’d love to get mine mounted.

I’ve got to make a change to the design. Mine cracked. I’ll upload the current one and the revised one to github hopefully tonight. If not tomorrow morning

1 Like

@professor_alex

as requested. ive added my solidworks file too, if that comes in handy, im still working on a v2 for this.

1 Like

Thanks @Bedrock.

I can only see the readme file. Am I holding my head wrong?

@professor_alex

Weird, try now just reuploaded them

@Bedrock I went in and tried to put a couple ‘r’ into your readme and it created a fork. I cancelled out but… SO ya got a fork I have no idea how to remove. Sorry. Thought you could do a simple text edit without it screwing with the project

EDIT: Never mind :slight_smile: I figured it out.

Fantastic, thanks @Bedrock! I had a go at making a DIN rail mount but I made mine much shallower, which in turn made the spacing on the clip much more critical. I found that with the different types of DIN rail I have, it needed to be tuned to the specific rail. Your design looks much more robust with different rail variations.

I’ll link to your repo from the carrier shield page :slight_smile:

Thanks @jon

Im working on an updated design that uses a nut instead of screwing directly into the 3d printed part, i found that due to the way it prints it can crack between layers. new design shouldn’t have the issue

1 Like

So here is version 3, this adds the tab so it can be easily removed from the DIN rail. thanks @jon for the idea.

Version 2 added cutouts for a nut to sit in to stop cracking of the part

this is available on my github that was linked above

3 Likes