Revisiting Another old Project (RGBLED Garden Lights)

Around 10 to 12 year ago i put in garden lighting …I modded some HPM garden bollards and installed RGBLED leds…I was using Gerry Duprey,s RGBLED boards to connect the bollards to. These are serially controlled (rs232) and worked quite well…Recently my son,s and i redid the front garden and i decided to update the path lights which has a single rgbled …i was able to get some HPM bollards i used elsewhere in the garden and i have designed a pcb to take 3 rgbled …I need to add another controller as my seven path lights have 21 leds (3 each) …
The garden lighting is controlled by scheduled events in my Homevision controller which sends a start command to my RGBLED Sequencer (which Gerry Duprey also designed ) and the sequencer sends the colour changing sequence as required…

Today i picked up my HPM Bollards i ordered from bunnings so i,ll get them ready for install , then i need to update my sequencer file and install another rgbled controller…

Have attached a pic of my rgbled boards and a testbox i made to test them …I also put a short video up on instagram @electrozone1956 if interested…More Soon

1 Like

Testing my rgbled boards and my sequencer board…Nearly ready for installation in my driveway…

1 Like

Please keep the updates coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some pics of my installed driveway bollards and of my RGBLED tester box which i use to test my Sequences and boards…

Thought i was finished now that i have installed the driveway lights and put new ones along the fence …But i would like to hide all these ugly boxes i have on the front corner , so im going to install some trellis to hide them and of course im think rgbled strips ;-)…My rgbled system runs of 5v dc but i a few rgbled 5m long strip which run on 12v…i have removed the driver chip from its board controller and have it connected to one of my small RGBLED boards and working … more soon …

1 Like

Haven’t sen anything like them here in the states. Those are pretty cool!

1 Like

That control panel reminds me of the old Hornby Zero 1 model railroad control system :slight_smile:

1 Like

LoL !!! Those boards were designed around 2005 by Gerry Duprey from Michigan…leading edge technology back then …still have a few of his boards which work well :smiley: