New Bathroom - will it work

Adding a new bathroom and I’m looking for some advice.

Goals:

1. Motion sensor to activate lights if ambient light <5000(??) lumens + low-level lights after midnight
    2.Motion + humidity sensors to activate fan if motion detected or humidity above 70% (and remain on 5 min after last motion).
  2. Monitor room temp to turn on electric floor heat
  3. Minimize visible hardware, switches, etc. Trying to avoid SmartThings or proprietary hardware or cloud-based systems.
  4. I’m not a programmer so nothing fancy. I’m trying to avoid MQTT, Tasmota, etc which I have not used.

Initially, I was planning on using Aeotec MultiSensor 6 because it offered motion and humidity in one package but I didn’t want to use a separate hub like SmartThings.

The plan:
So I’m leaning toward using multiple Shelly 1s to control the lights, fan and heated floor. Sounds like their motion sensor will be out shortly. And I’ll use Shelly H&T to control the fan (humidity sensor)…and the heated floor (thermometer to monitor ambient room temp).

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

Welcome to the group @Doug. Sounds like your plan would work fine since Shelly has the hardware to accomplish what you are looking to do. In this age of automation, there is pretty much no such thing as having your cake and eating it too. If you want relative plug and play ease, there is always a service attached to it. The majority of products available want some sort of hub or cloud control. And increasingly more common today, these services are migrating over to software as a service models and the “free app” is going the way of the dodo. I personally love the Shelly line of products but not for the reasons you might think… I love that they can be stripped of their cloud based software and made to act locally and without a web based service. I don’t know how that applies to their sensors as I have not messed with those but their relay products are awesome.

To do what you want to do, with stock firmware, is pretty easily done. Where the large majority of us here at Superhouse head though is to reflash these devices with Tasmota so we can take control of them and even when the internet falls on it’s face, or the company (any company) that makes the products decide to charge for services OR goes out of business, we stick out our tongue and give them a sneer because our gear still works. You don’t have to be a programmer to do this kind of stuff though there is a little bit of a learning curve.

One thing I would advise AGAINST - You said you wanted to minimize visible switches - Don’t go switchless with your install. Every automation scheme out there has it’s speed bumps and even with a rock solid system like I have here, there is still that odd occasion (in your case, if the internet goes down) where you need the fail safe of the switch to be able to turn stuff on or off. If you have others in the home, especially a significant other you really don’t want to anger (wink), don’t go switchless.