Clearing the fog of technology

Nice job! Clean looking install

Pur together the rest of the gate node cabinet. I got my light pole installed with a 150w LED fixture and added to that pole a plate with 2 IP cameras and a WPS Bridge. I ran the 3 cables.down to my node

cabinet.
I put the injector for the bridge, a 4 port PoE switch, a standard dumb switch and a 15a circuit in the box, which is a repurposed under body truck tool box. There is lots of room.in there still for the future gate controller hardware and the Pi and E10 for node red connected stuff. The bridge shoots line of sight down the driveway to my stagecoach stop panel project where the second half of the bridge will be located. Pretty excited about that being connected to the network so I have video feeds from.the gate.

Nice looking cabinet!

Moving forward fast now! Finally got the house delivered and started the setup of that node in the pile. I ran 4 cat5e cables from the stagecoach stop node to the house… in conduit of course, just in case I needed to pull them for… who knows what. I added an RG6 in there for good measure in case they EVER get high speed out here in bumpkinville.
I wired every room with a cat jack and the living room with 3. All of those lines, the room feeds and the inbound runs from the stagecoach stop, terminate in my network closet.

I have 9 foot vaulted ceilings in the house so there is LOTS of overhead in the laundry room coat closet.

I moved the NVR to the closet (on the left) and added a 4 port dumb switch, 8 port POE switch, RasPi (to be set up as my OpenHab box, to run headless) and broke it all out on terminal blocks so connections are as easy as plug and pray. As soon as i get the house setup finished and we get moved in, it will be time to set up the lab and start building in the automation elements.
I still have my container mancave/lab/hamshack building to construct and that will complete the networked structures. I have lot of projects to get after now.